I like to spend New Year’s Eve with my kids. It’s hard to find a sitter that night, and we just like to be together as a family. But, there’s no reason to stay home since there are dozens of kid-friendly New Year's Eve events planned for that day and evening throughout Ohio. Here's my top 10 kid-friendly New Year's Eve events in Ohio (ordered from morning 'til night):
10. Noon Year’s Eve at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo & Rainforest, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
9. The Children’s Museum of Cleveland: 6th Annual New Year’s at Noon Celebration, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
8. New Year's Eve Skate, Dayton, 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
7. Walleye Madness at Midnight, Downtown Port Clinton, 4 p.m. - midnight
6. First Night Youngstown, 2 p.m.-midnight
5. First Night Columbus – 5 p.m. - midnight
4. First Night Akron, 6 p.m. - midnight
3. New Year’s Eve Dance Party, Sandusky, 8 p.m. - 12:30
2. Toyota's New Year's Eve Blast, Cincinnati, 8 p.m. - midnight
1. New Year's Eve Train, Nelsonville – 10:30 p.m.